6 Dec 2012

Three looks with wooden floors.

Images Topps tiles provided by In the white room

Nothing adds character to a room  more so than a wooden floor, don't you agree, a carpeted floor has its good points don't get me wrong, but there is something special about floor boards, the grain in the wood, the colour and tones, even the noise that it creates when you work across it.  My ideal choice would be original or reclaimed,  but I think laminates and engineered  boards have come a long way these days and   offer a great alternatives if you are not lucky enough to have decent original  boards to tread upon.
So, for you today I have a few looks created by Topps tiles from their  brand new comprehensive wood flooring collection,  (also worth a visit is their Design and inspiration page with Julia Kendell) comprising of beautiful solid, engineered and laminate flooring in a stunning and affordable array of tones and species.  My personal favorite being the Scandinavia look with white washed textured laminate pine finished planks,  although that black Herringbone engineered wood flooring  is rather sexy don't you think?  Which would be your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. I prefer the Herringbone engineered wood flooring with a cowhide rug (a fake one and I'm okay with that). But for the color, I'd prefer a lighter one rather than black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ​I love the Scandinavian flooring, it brings such a warm feeling into a home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally like dark wood floors as they are less prone to get dirty. Light color floors require lots of maintenance as I am working man, I do not have that much time daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Antarctic solid oak floor is looking great, install something like this in your home and it will be with you for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete

Love to have your comments, come join the conversation!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...