7 Apr 2011

Scandinavian style with influences from North Africa.



I think the team from Livet Hemma blog have been reading my mind this week, I'm thinking of painting my living room walls white and as we have a red sofa similar colour to the one in  these photos,  for my next  trip to IKEA that I have planned very soon, I think I may have to add a few cushions and mats to my growing  wish list that I have going aground in my mind!

A Scandinavian style with influences from North Africa, a bright red sofa, pouff and cabinet combined with beautiful rugs and pillows in playful colours,  all contribute to this exotic feeling.  Kelim mats and pottery reminiscent of a market in Marrakes  and the stylish stoneware IKEA PS JONSBERG vase, all perfectly fits the theme.


Do you like adding  holiday souvenirs  to your styling at home?  I tend to bring back small locally painted water colours from places that we visit, I have a few from France and some from Venice, IKEA picture frames   always very handy....


4 comments:

  1. Love! North African articles are so beautiful.

    My trip to Marrakesh was so full of colour and I brought it back in the form of stunnning dyes, like Marjorelle Blue. I dyed some fabric and made shoppers with it, but not yet any home decor. I would love to paint my walls that beautiful color!

    Our pillows are greatly influenced by the eclectic colours we saw. I will have to check out recent Ikea : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours - yes I love to incorporate local artwork into my interiors but the idea of framing something simple from a trip in an Ikea frame is a great idea
    love the rug over the bed

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very cool mix of styles... love the ethnic feel with all the pops of bright colors. And that poster is really cool, love the simple typography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours - yes I love to incorporate local artwork into my interiors but the idea of framing something simple from a trip in an Ikea frame is a great idea
    love the rug over the bed

    ReplyDelete

Love to have your comments, come join the conversation!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...