12 Jul 2010

Whats plugging you?

When it comes to Energy Saving and Eco Friendly  gadgets and gizmo's  well I have to confess that I'm not as clued up as I probably should be.  I'm more of a reuse re purpose kind of person and  do my bit for the environment by recycling where I can, and not always buying brand new when second hand will do the job just as well.  But recently these little gadgets popped up in my mail box courtesy of http://www.energenie4u.co.uk/, and well I know that at first glance they are not the most beautiful thing you will ever plug into you sockets, they could well save you a penny or two, and so I thought I would give um a chance so here's the energy saving low down on these guys.

Automatic Standby Plug Adapter for TVs – This device will learn the standby power level of your TV and switch it off automatically when it is put into standby. You can re-enable the socket and TV at the same time using the standby button on your remote control without having to get up and go to the socket itself


Automatic Standby Shutdown for Home Entertainment Systems - This 5-gang socket has 1 socket reserved for appliances that need to remain constantly on (like a Sky box), this device will learn the standby power level of your home entertainment system and switch it off automatically when it is put into standby. It can be re-enabled using the standby button on your remote control without you having to get up and go to the socket itself. A similar 5-gang sock


Energy Power Saving Meter - Discover what appliances are the worst offenders in your household for wasting the most electricity. Find out how much appliances are costing in terms of money and their carbon footprint.

Oh and for all of us who have ever forgotten to switch off the hair straighteners before leaving the house with swishy shinny poker straight hair, well this one is a must  for you ..and I....but if my Hubby ever asked......its wasn't  me who left them on OK...!

So come on whats plugging you? (sorry I couldn't help meself) have you got  any energy saving tips and tricks to share, and gadget talk your loving at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to have your comments, come join the conversation!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.