13 May 2010

Granny Chic.

Granny chic, is a trend that is growing in popularity, I think it kind-a falls in between being thrifty and the vintage style, and I think this trend is a look that the young twenty somethings are into. I was at my local charity shop recently and while I ambled around I noticed two young women busy filling up their trolley with some truly vintage/granny items, I'm talking old suit cases, paper dollies, glass cake stands, and crocheted items.

If Granny chic is your thing then check out the flickr streem above, I spent a while getting lost in there.





Quirky heirloom throw Anthropologie
Wham bam coasters Anthropologie
And Anthropologie have some lovley vintage/granny chic items that will just nmake you feel comfy and cosy, just like tea with Gran!

4 comments:

  1. When I read your blog post title I thought to myself.....Anthropologie! I'm so excited, I'm headed there next weekend while on a weekend trip to Vegas. Anthropologie stop might just be my favorite part of the whole weekend. How Granny Chic does that make me? (maybe that's just sad...lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny chic? This is the first I've heard of it, but I've probably seen it plenty before. Definitely reminds me of Anthropology, and while I love some of their stuff, some other is just a bit too... well, I guess I'll say it - Granny for me. I'm a little more contemporary and streamlined, I think. Anyways, thanks for enlightening me with a new style of decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of it in my own home but I {HEART} looking at photos of it. Something about the coziness of it is really appealing to me. -Cristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a fan of it in my own home but I {HEART} looking at photos of it. Something about the coziness of it is really appealing to me. -Cristi

    ReplyDelete

Love to have your comments, come join the conversation!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.