26 Apr 2010

Ikea trip

Well we made it to Ikea in Rennes France, and I can not begin to tell you just how excited I was to actually be walking around the store, looking at all the room set ups, and touching and sitting on the furniture. I actually squealed with delight on numerous occasions throughout my visit, much to the amusement of my Hubby, who was left in charge of taking some photos for me while I whizzed round like a child in a toy store. I think we forgot to adjust the settings on the camera because to be frank, they are not the best photos in the world but I thought I would share a few of them with you anyways.


I love the use of lighting in the room sets, lighting plays a big part in adding to the feel of each set, and I think that is something to use in my own home, the room set above has at least 4 different kinds of lighting going on, which all adds to the ambiance of the room, don't you agree?



I think the success of Ikea is largely down to the clever people who work out and style the sets, displaying how the items work together in each room, showing us how our homes could look, and I just love walking around the sets that are like complete home layouts. There is a real art to making a small space feel like home without it feeling cluttered but still having all that you need to hand. Just sit me in a room setting and I'm a happy bunny, the novelty hasn't worn off yet so I do apologise to those of you who are now immune to the Ikea life style. Is there such a thing as too much Ikea?


A (above) chair getting put through its paces.


I had intended to buy some bedding, but couldn't work out the size of the covers, we have a king size bed at home, and all the sets seemed to be for doubles of singles, actually that might be a French thing, the beds seem to be smaller.

In the end I only bought the shoe cabinet, and a couple of Dave laptop tables for my Girls, but now we know how to get there, well I'm already planning a trip back, because I just can't get enough of Ikea, I have rarely seen so much furniture and home accessories under one roof!

So where are you on the whole Ikea front, do you love it or hate it, have you got your fair share of Ikea items on your own home, and do they blend in nicely or shout out IKEA!

1 comment

  1. I do love me some Ikea!
    Walking thru the store always gives me so much ideas of what I can do in my own space without breaking the bank.

    ReplyDelete

Love to have your comments, come join the conversation!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© This Home Sweet Home. Design by Fearne.