1 Mar 2010

Tea chest inspiration.

Good morning how was your weekend, I spent the best part of mine looking for ideas on how to use my recently acquired Tea Chest that I snapped up last Friday. When I first caught sight of it, I remembered seeing these lovely images below in the Livingetc Magazine, and the crate as a side table got me thinking that my tea chest would look great used as a side table too. Its also got the added charm of the great slogans such as IT PAYS TO BUY GOOD TEA, as a big tea drinker I quite agree.
Photos above Photographer Paul Massey's Home

Styling and photo above by Samantha Stansbridge (me!)

Sooo I have been trying it out as a side table in my living room, unfortunately the top had been removed so for now I have had to turn it upside down to use it, which is a shame as the slogan don't quite have the same appeal when you have to stand on your head to read them !

If you fancy trying this your self, but can't get your hands on an old Tea chest I have discovered that this kind of tea chest is still made, (see here ) it would be very easy to do it your self by just adding some wording, and maybe age the wood a Little by staining with some tea!

1 comment

  1. I love tea chests and the way you've used it as a side table is great!

    ReplyDelete

Love to have your comments, come join the conversation!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© This Home Sweet Home. Design by Fearne.