20 Dec 2009

Take one set of pine Draws


You can buy very basic unfinished pine furniture very cheaply from DIY stores, or as in this case these ones where making their way into a charity shop when my husband spotted them and bagged himself a quick deal right there on the street, once home I decided they where perfect for a quick makeover and gave them a white washed finish with some left over emulsion paint, watered down a little to get the right look. This, by the way also makes a great undercoat if you cant lay your hands on any, just sand down the surface well first.
These draws are nearly finished, just need a coat of something to protect the surface, in the past I have used a wax finish, but for these I think I want something with a bit more protection not sure what I should use yet, but I'm sure I will find out. Then all that is needed are some new pretty handles, and the makeover will be finished.

2 comments

  1. Hello, thank you for following my blog..I have been enjoying reading your blog too! The pine chest of drawers looks great!
    Wishing you a Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thank you for following my blog..I have been enjoying reading your blog too! The pine chest of drawers looks great!
    Wishing you a Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Love to have your comments, come join the conversation!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© This Home Sweet Home. Design by Fearne.