25 Aug 2009

Upholstery Love.

Fully Restored Antique Chaise. circa 1880. Patchwork Cover in Designers Guild and other fabrics.

I'm on full alert for anything upholstered at the moment (see post below) and when this image popped up in my e-mail this morning it really made me sit up and take notice, and when I skipped on over to the website, well a whole stream of Oohs and ahhs and wows flowed from my lips.
Bright colours of patch work, and velvets adorn the seats of lovingly restored chairs and sofas, designer Deborah Swift's love of antique furniture and opulent fabrics inspired her to create "Couch" As velvet is a fabric that is set to be in the lime light for Autumn/winter 2009/10 these beauties wont be sitting around for long!

7 comments

  1. I soooo want one of these chaises!! they are beautiful and one would look perfect in my bedroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they gorgeous? We love the vibrancy of the fabrics and the patchwork effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was whoa! But after a few minutes I think I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing. I don't think I'd ever have the guts to invest in one of these, but I adore the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Love your blog. :)

    Off the wall question...I see in the reflection the fabric of the curtains...where did you find those? I think they're beautiful! Oh and I LOVE the chaise. :)

    ~CrissaLu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out link here for the fabric of the curtains, would love to say that I own them, but click the 'couch' link in the post above for details http://www.designersguild.com/fabric-and-wallpaper-showroom/all-collections/florimund/capucheen/peony/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Love your blog. :)

    Off the wall question...I see in the reflection the fabric of the curtains...where did you find those? I think they're beautiful! Oh and I LOVE the chaise. :)

    ~CrissaLu

    ReplyDelete

Love to have your comments, come join the conversation!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© This Home Sweet Home. Design by Fearne.