8 Aug 2009

Snaps of Holiday in France

Well my Husband and I are back from our little summer break in France. We had five jam packed days staying with our Friends at their little holiday cottage, just outside Saint Malo. The first day we spent in the old part of saint Malo doing a bit of clothes shopping, watching the street entertainer's, and it was while here that I came across these windows filled to the brim with old suit cases and books, and couldn't resist taking a snap shot of them, I just love those old suit cases and the old worn colours of them, can you imagine the smell of old leather?



On another day we went around one of the many French markets, I love the markets, the air filled with street cooking and garlic sausages, and people selling there wares to tourist and locals alike. While on the way back through the market I spotted a stall selling bedding, and I bought a lovely throw for my bed. I like to buy things while I'm away that will remind me of our time spent there, not touristy things but things I will hopefully treasure in my home. I feel a make over for my bedroom coming on!

This fine specimen was spotted strutting his stuff around the Zoo de champrepus, our friends children loved it, not sure it was for the animals or the bouncy castles! Anyway a great day out for all.

I picked up these homes magazines while at the harbour waiting for our boat trip back home, actually I could of bought a whole stack home with me, but resisted the urge, though I do think another trip is on the card before the Summer is over, just so I can stock up on some French home style, after all Jersey is so close to France and a little French style is bound to cross over!


Post a Comment

Love to have your comments, come join the conversation!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© This Home Sweet Home. Design by Fearne.