4 Jan 2009

Nacked to Painted



I really should of taken a before and after photo, its only when I finish a project that I realize I forgot yet again, or the batteries in the camera are flat. Well this is a sort of before and after. I gave this set of pine draws a white washed look.
You will need

1.Unfinished flat pack pine bedside tables, I got these from B&Q a while back.
2.Gently rub down the surface.
3.Mix white paint with a little water to make a wash. I used ordinary emulsion.
4.paint all the parts and allow to dry, sand, and then give another coat.
5.Sand down again, allowing some of the wood to show through. Top off by using some furniture wax to add a subtle shine. And hay presto!

Post a Comment

Love to have your comments, come join the conversation!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Latest Instagrams

© This Home Sweet Home. Design by Fearne.